“Sex toys” was a topic that some time ago considered as a taboo or something not to be discussed on public platforms. But things have changed completely now and this is why; you’ll see an adult store very commonly in almost every city across the globe.
But this openness and easy availability does not mean you can be carefree about buying them. No, as always you need to be utterly conscious, careful and informed about your purchases as one wrong step can lead you straight to a hospice with some solemn problems.
Therefore, it’s important that you observe the following points while browsing your local adult sex shops or an online store?
Avoiding novelty products as they are not so novel
- You should read closely about the product and if the phrase “for novelty use only” is present there, assume it as a red flag.
- This is because this expression is mainly for the toys available at an adult shop that are not intended for sexual purposes.
- Another meaning of this phrase is that the manufacturer and the seller have taken all the steps to cut down their accountability.
- You should avoid buying them from an adult shop Adelaide as they can include unsafe materials.
Avoid phthalates completely
As far as buying these toys from adult sex shops is concerned, the first thing you should ask to the seller is the phthalates content in them. Ideally, you should shun everything that has even 0.01 percent, even if you have to spend some nights in desperation. The reason cited by doctors is that phthalates have been identified as the easiest source of cancer in humans. Moreover, they can have adverse effects on the reproductive process and are linked to increased instances of birth defects and sperm damage.
Tips on tracing toys with phthalates contents
- Items containing phthalates smell like a fresh plastic or like a new car.
- Look for safety related icons and instructions mentioned on the packet.
- Ask the seller about the same and if still unsure, try and talk to the manufacturer.
- Research on the Internet prior to heading towards an adult shop.